Generac LP5500 Watt Portable LP, 50-State/CARB (Excludes city of Los Angeles, CA) Model# 6001
The LP 5500 is the smart choice for portable home emergency backup power, utilizing the benefits of propane to provide enough power to cover essential circuits in your home. Smart Fuel •Clean – liquid propane is essentially non-toxic, and does not spill during refueling.
•Reliable - liquid propane does not degrade over time and no stabilizers are needed, so tanks can be stored indefinitely.
•Available – gasoline may not be available during a power outage and gas pumps don’t work without electricity. Smart Design
•Integrated fuel tank holder secures a 20 or 30 lb LP tank to unit for easier and safer transportation
•Folding/nesting handle and folding tank holder for compact storage
•(30) Amp outlet allows generator to be connected to a permanently installed, manual transfer switch for quick backup of hardwired appliances like a furnace or sump pump during a power outage
•Powerful 389 cc Generac OHV engine and heavy duty alternator delivers 5500 running watts and 6875 starting watts to power essential circuits
•Quick-Access enclosure detaches in a snap for easy engine maintenance Smart Start with the Exclusive Power Dial
•Eliminates searching for separate controls in an emergency.
•No other portable generator - propane or gasoline fueled - has all startup essentials on a single dial, with easy-to-follow instructions. Prime, choke, start and shutdown are conveniently located together for quicker startup, essential in an emergency. Additional Features
•Automatic system protection cuts power to the engine to protect it from damage
•Precision balanced for stability and effortless mobility
•Circuit breakers provide overload protection
•Conveniently located fuel line quickly connects to standard LP tanks
•Hour meter automatically tracks maintenance intervals
•Wide, never-go-flat wheels for easy transport regardless of terrain
• Propane fuel is safer, more stable, and has a longer shelf life and lower emissions than gasoline.
• Integrated propane tank holder accepts either 20lb or 30lb propane cylinders for flexibility, convenience and extended runtimes.
• Power Dial™ includes all engine functions in one simple control.
• Dolly-style handle and low grab bar increases maneuverability; handle folds down for compact storage.
• Low-oil level shutdown automatically safeguards engine from damage.
• Covered outlets provides added protection from the environment.
• Generac's OHV engine incorporates splash lubrication and provides long life.
• Quick-access enclosure is detachable for easy engine maintenance.
• Hardened 1 1/4" steel tube cradle for added durability and strength.
• Heavy-duty, never-flat wheels for reliable portability.
• First oil Included.
Carb California Compliant (Excludes city of Los Angeles, CA)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.